Jan 31, 2009

Jaci's Ginger Cookies - Vegan and Gluten/Wheat Free


Jaci's Ginger Cookies

Today I was feeling creative so I got my simple biscuit recipe and decided to do some baking. I had to edit the recipe somewhat, considering I am intolerant to Gluten, Wheat, Malt, Barley and the etc and I have recently decided to be vegan. But I'm used to it, after been Gluten Free for nearly three years now. But here's that recipe folks!

Ingredients;

  • 125g Butter. (now for vegans use whatever you like, but make sure if you are, for instance using Olivani, you need to put less in, because it's much softer than butter and it could make the mixture sort of runny.
  • 1 table spoon golden Syrup./1 teaspoon Baking power /Half a cup of Sugar/ 1 tablespoon milk (I used soy milk for this)/ Ground ginger/ 1 and a half cups flour (and for the flour I used corn, though any kind is good, and a mixture of tapioca, rice flour etc is great. There are often premade flours like this in the gluten free section of your supermarket, organic store etc.

Cream your butter and sugar, add the golden syrup and milk melted together, add sifted flour and baking power. At the same time add your ground ginger, about a table spoon but change the amount to your own preference. Bake in a moderate oven and I cooked mine for about 20Min's, but it may differ depending on your oven etc.

Eat!

And please, read the posts below, as I do realise I am posting rather to fast for you to keep up and I spent a lot of time gathering stuff for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment